This system supports all kinds of devices (Analog or Digital). It is not dependent on capacity of the hardware to send SNMP or any other form of alarms.
The entire system is built in 3 layers The Device (Hardware itself), local software and central system.
In following part of the document we would give details of each parts and its usage.
NOC Alarm is a Micro-controller based system. It detects presence signals on devices and sends respective alarm to its micro-controller, which in turn sends signals to computer on serial interface.
It can handle two kinds of signals
- Light Signals
- Voltage Signals (+/- 5v to +/- 25v)
For the Hardware
Input voltage (max) 5.5 V (For RS232)
Input voltage (min) 4.87 V (For RS232) 3.55V (For Other Circuit)
Operating Voltage 5 V (For RS232)3.3V (For Other Circuit)
Operating Temperature range -25 to +75 .C 3.25V (For Other Circuit)
Device Parts You get following items along with device
- NOC Alarm Device
- USB-Serial adapter
- Sensor cable
- Power adaptor
- Driver CD
- Software CD. Stand alone software
- Central software(you get this with corporate signup)
Details of Micro Processor
CPU operating voltage 1.65V to 1.95V
IO power supply range 3.3.V to 3.6 V with 5V tolerate I/O
Supply Voltage(Vdd,max) 3.6 V
Analog Voltage (Vdda,max) 4.6 V
Supply Current 100 mA
Junction Temp 150 .C
Storage Temp -65 .C to +150 .C
Total power dissipation(IC) 1.5 W
Serial USB Cable For the RS232
Operating Voltage 3.3 V
No of Driver 2
Capacitance Value 1wf
Data Rate 120 kbps
Sensor Cable For the Sensor
Operating Voltage 3.3 V
Voltage AC or DC Peck 100VCurrent 75 mA
Power Dissipation At 30.C 250 mW
Operating Temperature range -35 to +75.C
Cell Resistance (light) 10K(dark) 64K
Dark Capacitance 3.5 pf
Rise Time (light) 2.8ms (dark) 18 ms
Fall Time (light) 48 ms (dark) 120 ms
Power Adaptor Fully Connected Device
Device How to use
- Open the case in which you got the NOC system and put the device on a stable/firm ground.
- Attach adaptor cable at one end on the device and another end on AC socket.
- Attach sensor wire at one end on device and another end on the signal, which you wish to monitor. (Note you would need to remove the 2way tape on the other end before you stick it to the alarm).
- Connect the USB to serial cable at one end on device at serial port and another at USB port on computer.
- Now install the drivers from the driver CD.
- Now install the Software from Software CD.
- Now right click on my computer and click manage, then goto to devices. In ports section, find the port number that is newly added for serial to usb.
- Now start the software for NOC Alarm, select the port that you found in step above.
- Click on start – this would start monitoring signals of the device.
Now software would keep on monitoring device and would create log in background, which is on periodic basis sent to central server by means of network connectivity or by means of SMS.
Standalone software consists of 2 forms and a setup file.
This form shows list of all devices with their alarms in a grid format. If any device or signal is not working in expected manner, it would be highlighted with a RED color.
Enlarge Form This form shows enlarge view of the location and device images along with highlighted indication.
In below example, the image is highlighting location srinagar in location map. Also it is highlighting the signal TX in device image.
Central Software This manual is given separately with corporate license.
MIS Reports This manual is given separately with corporate license.
This manual is given separately with corporate license.
There are multiple possibilities with this implementation of system.
Monitor Voltage of batteries (FCBC)
Besides light and voltage, we could also monitor Batteries and charging on the battery. This could help in avoiding situations where batteries get drained out due to non-starting of generator.
Remotely start / stop
generator, Radio, MUX etc.
This could help us reduce dependency on the person who is sitting at the station. It is also possible that we can create un-manned station, this person visits station only in case of problems.
This system could be extended to have Auto alert sent to respective engineer by way of SMS. This could also send alarms to respective seniors in case problems are not resolved in quickest possible time.
The data is stored centrally, thus it helps in making following reports.
- Details of faults generated and reported
- Action taken on problems reported
- Time taken to resolve problems